#51 04-30-2014 9:45 am

mpexus

Re: Keyframe MP - A Media Player for Animators

Downloaded the demo and so far its an Amazing tool and since i hate QT this makes it even more outstanding smile

Now I have a probably not so easy to answer question... Is there a way to have this licensed to a USB Pen  that we can carry from computer to computer? I cant install anything on where Im working now and basically couldn't in vast majority of others places I worked, buying it means I can only use it on my Laptop which makes it a just use at home tool basically, which is a shame.

Sure I can ask the studio to buy it for me, but they wont so thats its out of the question too, and they refuse to install or own brought Software as a principle. Anything we have to install its denied (except Wacom drivers or other similar hardware).

Its a tickle issue I know, but are you looking for a possible solution? Or is it just like it is?

Thanks

#52 04-30-2014 11:45 pm

Czurbrigg

mpexus wrote:

Downloaded the demo and so far its an Amazing tool and since i hate QT this makes it even more outstanding smile

Now I have a probably not so easy to answer question... Is there a way to have this licensed to a USB Pen  that we can carry from computer to computer? I cant install anything on where Im working now and basically couldn't in vast majority of others places I worked, buying it means I can only use it on my Laptop which makes it a just use at home tool basically, which is a shame.

Sure I can ask the studio to buy it for me, but they wont so thats its out of the question too, and they refuse to install or own brought Software as a principle. Anything we have to install its denied (except Wacom drivers or other similar hardware).

Its a tickle issue I know, but are you looking for a possible solution? Or is it just like it is?

Thanks

Making life a little easier for animators is always a goal. Especially when working in a locked down environment. I've been there and sometimes the rules are exactly as you say or even just the IT department is understaffed and overwhelmed and can't get to installing new software. It's one of the reasons for providing a zip archive (along with an installer) and why I use a custom licensing setup that doesn't lock you into a single computer (node locked licensing is just dumb). So yes, you can use the license on both your workstation and laptop.

Shoot me an email if you need more info or if there is an alternate installation setup that you think might work better in a production environment.

-ChrisZ

#53 05-01-2014 4:55 pm

mpexus

Cool i didn't realized there was a zip version available, I had downloaded the Install file.

I just purchased it, it become registered on my Girlfriend's name but that's ok smile

#54 05-06-2014 10:53 am

geoff3d

Hey Chris,

Loving this software - would just like to second Brian's question / suggestion: Add greasepencil functionality and you've got yourself one the most amazing efficient animation tools ever!

#55 05-06-2014 12:33 pm

AGoodFella

An advanced grease pencil functionality like FlipBook will make this the greatest piece of software for animators.

#56 05-21-2014 3:49 pm

powermac

Small tip, I would appreciate the count of frames in range. For example from 21—43 in video it´s actually 22 frames in range.

#57 05-22-2014 6:06 pm

apf
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 34

Chris, it would be great if it could be possible to digitally zoom in and out, like a Rendered image lets say.

Needless to say I luv this app!! smile

Edited: said "like Fcheck" last time tongue

Last edited by apf (05-31-2014 6:57 pm)

#58 05-23-2014 12:28 am

Horganovski
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79

One thing I'd really like would be a 'half-speed' option, I use VLC player sometimes for checking Lipsync as you can slow down video in that without changing the pitch of the audio. I know we can scrub slower than full speed obviously but I find watching a video at half speed very useful sometimes.

Cheers,
Brian

#59 09-18-2014 8:54 am

lebanen

Is there a way to change shortcuts?

#60 09-18-2014 12:18 pm

Czurbrigg

lebanen wrote:

Is there a way to change shortcuts?

Not at the present time, no. However, there are some alternate shortcuts to help people who with international keyboards (for things like previous/next frame). The full list of shortcuts can be found here:

http://zurbrigg.com/keyframe-mp-documen … mp-hotkeys

-ChrisZ

#61 10-10-2014 2:27 pm

Chris Welsby
Tipster
Karmojo: 29

Hi Chris,

Just come across this player and I really like the look of it. I'm sure you are inundated with requests and suggestions for different tools. here though is mine anyway! I would like to suggest as potentially being very useful the ability to overlay videos on top of each other with a transparency so you can compare versions of a shot. I often do this in after effects but it would be great to have this ability built into the player. As mentioned before the ability to load in image sequences and a separate audio file would be great as well.

Thanks

Chris

#62 01-07-2015 5:12 pm

padraig post
Helper
Karmojo: 19

Hi Chris, just grabbed the update from your website and loving the new playback speed options so thanks for that! smile

Was just wondering as you  have options for halving,quartering the size would it be possible to double or 1.5 x the size with a short cut too? say using '4' and '5'?

brilliant stuff though always look forward to what you'll do next! smile

cheers

#63 01-18-2015 1:21 pm

Czurbrigg

padraig post wrote:

Was just wondering as you  have options for halving,quartering the size would it be possible to double or 1.5 x the size with a short cut too? say using '4' and '5'?

This shouldn't be a problem, I've added it to my list.

(Sorry for the slow reply, I missed the thread notification)

-ChrisZ

#64 01-18-2015 6:23 pm

padraig post
Helper

Awesome thanks Chris! no apologies necessary, I'm just happy to have this player and no hurry for the extra hotkeys, just would be a bonus smile

Also I'm not sure If I'm missing a hotkey or way to get into 'full screen mode'?, I know you can use the F keys to hide elements but if there was a way to toggle hiding the menus and maximise the player to the screen it would be cool. Again not essential by any means but its something other players have via 'ctr + f' or whatever.

Thanks again for the player though, its really a joy to use smile

Last edited by padraig post (01-18-2015 6:24 pm)

#65 09-07-2017 7:04 pm

Extravaganzzza

Hi!
I found this player very useful, but I'm trying to find a feature which allows you to draw on frames, can somebody tell me is there this feature at all? smile

#66 09-07-2017 7:20 pm

padraig post
Helper

Yes, its a feature in Keyframe pro (Not keyframe MP).

http://zurbrigg.com/keyframe-pro

Board footer