#26 04-02-2014 1:35 am

denizDeniz

Re: Keyframe MP - A Media Player for Animators

Thanks Chris!
Will buy it for sure! I agree with Padraig. usually reference comes in very slow so we speed up some of the parts at work.
Somehing like Cameron Fieldings method would be awesome.
http://www.milknosugars.com/2013/07/17/ … ng-method/

#27 04-02-2014 3:08 am

apf
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 34

How early is April? smile

I want to press the BUY button....NOW!!!!!! smile

#28 04-02-2014 12:38 pm

Czurbrigg

apf wrote:

How early is April? smile

I want to press the BUY button....NOW!!!!!! smile

April 2nd to be exact smile

This initial release of Keyframe MP is now available for download! (zurbrigg.com)

Once installed, Keyframe MP defaults to a "lite" version (aka demo mode) and provides limited access to most of the features. I encourage everyone to give it a try.

Introductory pricing for the full version is $25.

If you have any questions, feedback or feature requests, please send me a quick email. Sometimes I miss postings on the forums. I will continue to add features and update the player over the coming months.

For all of the OS X users, you haven't been forgotten. The OS X version is in development and hope to release it in the next month or two.

-ChrisZ

#29 04-02-2014 1:15 pm

padraig post
Helper
Karmojo: 19

Awesome!  gonna try it now.

thanks Chris! big_smile

#30 04-02-2014 4:14 pm

mogi

Well this look phenomenal, going to check it out when i get home tonight, and if its all that and a bag of old bay lays chips, i'm going to throw my money at you. This is great because quicktime player hates PC's and VLC is a nightmare on multiple monitors.

#31 04-02-2014 5:19 pm

apf
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 34

Czurbrigg: bought, eyes closed! smile

Now lets put it to good use, thanks a million for such great stuff you work on Chris!!

Quick question, will this purchased version include the OSX one when released, or is that another separate purchase? Thanks a lot!

#32 04-02-2014 7:44 pm

Kreator
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 42

Can you edit your list of features to compare the lite and full versions?

Just playing with it for 2 minutes I can tell this is brilliant. I've been trying to find a media player that can play just about any format and allows for easy scrubbing/frame-by-framing. Thank you good sir. I'll be buying the full version soon.

Last edited by Kreator (04-02-2014 7:50 pm)

#33 04-02-2014 8:02 pm

padraig post
Helper

Just been playing with it, and wanted to say thank you again as it is indeed very nice smile

Noticed you had a hotkey for 'original size' (1) so wondered if there is an option for half size/quarter size/full screen etc?.. or if maybe this will be addressed in a future update?

anyway it's great and I would encourage folks to try it out!

#34 04-02-2014 8:52 pm

walkerism

This is superb dude. Great work!

#35 04-02-2014 9:13 pm

Czurbrigg

apf wrote:

Czurbrigg: bought, eyes closed! smile

Now lets put it to good use, thanks a million for such great stuff you work on Chris!!

Quick question, will this purchased version include the OSX one when released, or is that another separate purchase? Thanks a lot!

Thanks apf!

To be honest, I'm not sure how the licensing will be structured once the OSX version is out. 

That being said, current licenses, those part of the introductory offer, are univeral and will work on OSX. It's just a small thank you to the early adopters.

-ChrisZ

Last edited by Czurbrigg (04-02-2014 9:26 pm)

#36 04-02-2014 9:22 pm

Czurbrigg

padraig post wrote:

Just been playing with it, and wanted to say thank you again as it is indeed very nice smile

Noticed you had a hotkey for 'original size' (1) so wondered if there is an option for half size/quarter size/full screen etc?.. or if maybe this will be addressed in a future update?

anyway it's great and I would encourage folks to try it out!

While it's not in there now, this is certainly something that I can include in a future update. I've added it to my list.

#37 04-02-2014 10:29 pm

Horganovski
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79

Tried the demo for a bit and then purchased, a no-brainer especially at the intro price. Great work!

Cheers,
Brian

#38 04-03-2014 1:23 am

Horganovski
Rockstar

Love this thing already, really a fantastic tool for studying as well as previewing animation.

I have to ask - what are the chances of you incorporating your blue-pencil tool right into the player? That would be amazing for quickly making notes and tracking arcs, checking spacing etc etc. Ideally you could save that out to a new movie clip and use as a reference for your next pass on your shot.

I've done this kind of thing in Kinovea but that has no audio support, and inside Maya with Grease Pencil, but that's not always realtime until you playblast again. Having it right inside a player like Keyframe MP would be heaven smile

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by Horganovski (04-03-2014 1:25 am)

#39 04-03-2014 1:48 am

denizDeniz

Bought it without testing.
Thank you so much Chris

#40 04-03-2014 6:39 am

yevlar
Tipster
Karmojo: 27

Nice piece of software you've made here, sir! I've been testing out the demo, and I should let you know that I have run into an issue with it. It plays Quicktime H264's that I've created in Quicktime Pro just fine, but when I try to play back Quicktime H264 files recorded on one of my cameras, I get an Unsupported Format error. The cameras are both Canons - the Powershot Elph 300HS and EOS Rebel T3i. I imagine there's probably some sort of additional data the cameras add to the file header that may be causing the error.

#41 04-03-2014 9:29 am

powermac

I´ve tried limited version. It´s really nice to see backward and forward steps in realtime on HD videos. Using image sequence is only one thing, that I´m missing now. My tips for next versions: using bookmarks with some easy pencil tool (for marking corrections). See audio channel visually. Easy (drag and drop) for import another video before or after to exists (to see cut follows), zoom in...

Czurbrigg wrote:

powermac wrote:

Pretty nice, it seems very useful! Which kind of files seq/video will be supported?

Currently, it supports most of the common "movie" containers (avi, mov, etc...) and I'm continuing to update individual codec support. Different codecs tend to have there own little gotchas that need to be addressed.

Support for image sequences is planned for a future update.

-ChrisZ

#42 04-03-2014 12:44 pm

AGoodFella

Great player. Had a few crashes though. I'll try to buy it soon.

Last edited by AGoodFella (04-03-2014 12:48 pm)

#43 04-03-2014 8:16 pm

Czurbrigg

AGoodFella wrote:

If you do happen to encounter crashes, especially if they are reproducible, please send me a quick email (if you get a chance) outlining when it happened (e.g. loading a video, loading bookmarks, scrubbing, etc...) and rough system specs.

Identifying and fixing potential crashes is always a top priority. As much as I'd like to believe the player is rock solid, I've been developing tools long enough to know that, no matter how much testing is done, once a product get a widespread release, problems always show up.

-ChrisZ

Last edited by Czurbrigg (04-03-2014 8:17 pm)

#44 04-03-2014 9:15 pm

AGoodFella

Czurbrigg wrote:

AGoodFella wrote:

If you do happen to encounter crashes, especially if they are reproducible, please send me a quick email (if you get a chance) outlining when it happened (e.g. loading a video, loading bookmarks, scrubbing, etc...) and rough system specs.

Identifying and fixing potential crashes is always a top priority. As much as I'd like to believe the player is rock solid, I've been developing tools long enough to know that, no matter how much testing is done, once a product get a widespread release, problems always show up.

-ChrisZ

Sure. Would love to. It's actually been holding up well. Haven't had a crash for a while. If it crashes again, I'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers.

Last edited by AGoodFella (04-03-2014 9:16 pm)

#45 04-03-2014 9:27 pm

figdigital

Really great stuff man, nice work. I will be a customer as soon as there's a Mac version.

#46 04-22-2014 2:51 pm

Czurbrigg

The OS X version (late stage beta) is available for download for anyone who would like to give it a try. As mentioned earlier, current licenses are platform independent and can be used with both Windows and OS X versions.

-ChrisZ

#47 04-22-2014 6:28 pm

Horganovski
Rockstar

One feature that would be nice in some cases would be the option to have multiple instances of the program running concurrently, like FCheck, so that you can compare different iterations of a shot.

Cheers,
Brian

#48 04-22-2014 6:33 pm

Czurbrigg

Horganovski wrote:

One feature that would be nice in some cases would be the option to have multiple instances of the program running concurrently, like FCheck, so that you can compare different iterations of a shot.

Cheers,
Brian

Currently, this is possible in the Windows version (under Preferences). OS X handles things a bit differently and I need to find the correct way to implement it. But yes, it is one of the next things on my list.  I just had to take a little time out to update my plug-ins for Maya 2015 smile

-ChrisZ

#49 04-22-2014 7:47 pm

Horganovski
Rockstar

Czurbrigg wrote:

Currently, this is possible in the Windows version (under Preferences).

That's cool it's in the Windows version thanks, I was still running 1.0.1, just saw the updates on your website now.

Cheers,
Brian

Last edited by Horganovski (04-22-2014 7:50 pm)

#50 04-22-2014 9:22 pm

padraig post
Helper

Awesome, wasn't aware of  the update either.. the extra hotkeys for resizing are ace too!  thanks Chris, love this thing! smile

Board footer