#1 11-02-2012 2:05 pm

ARUN.VIJAYAN
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 39

CRAZY ABOUT YOU........

Hello Animators.....Here is my latest animation WIP clip. Please give your valuable comments and critics....
Thanks in advance...

Direct Link

Last edited by ARUN.VIJAYAN (11-02-2012 2:07 pm)

"If you can dream it, you can do it." -Walt Disney

http://www.arunvijayan.com

#2 11-02-2012 3:01 pm

shounak10
Helper
Karmojo: 19

Re: CRAZY ABOUT YOU........

looks great. it would be nice to see her face though. i can see you need to work on the lip sync .... keep going.

#3 11-02-2012 3:34 pm

TaiBo
Productive!

This is great. Did you use video reference?

#4 11-02-2012 3:46 pm

harpye

Hi! here my first post in 11second club big_smile.
I think is a very nice piece. I like a lot the face expresions.
I only can see two things.
At the begining, when he say "look" I think he should go more directly to her, now, in my opinion he is going in another direction and is a bit weird. And I think is not would be very difficult to change that.
And the other is when he say "please", for my interpretation, she should start the action of going away and don't hear him any more, maybe you could turn her head to the left and also we could see her face a bit, and loose her hands a bit... and he can take her back. Is just a idea.
The rest is very nice, good job. keep going!!

I edit because i found some english errors.

Last edited by harpye (11-02-2012 3:47 pm)

#5 11-02-2012 5:47 pm

Akash Dhiman
Participator
Karmojo: 6

Hey this is looking great!! Love the facial expression.. Cheers!

#6 11-02-2012 6:14 pm

ARUN.VIJAYAN
Upstanding Citizen

Tkz a lot for your comments guys....

@ Shounak : Little work left on lipsync n am workin on it..

@TaiBo :  Glad u liked it. Reference was my own acting video with the sound track.

@Harpye : Very good points n sure am gonna work on it....

@Akash : Tkz man...

#7 11-04-2012 5:55 pm

Hyperfisk

I think this looks great. Nice acting. Still needs a bit of polish, as the others mentioned.

I have a few things as well. I would remove the ponytail which is coming out of the hat. It strikes med as a bit weird. The animation is fine, but a high ponytail and a hat like that is a tricky combo. smile Some of those hats have a small triangle cut from the rim by the neck o allow a low ponytail. Anyway, it is just a minor thing.

Aldo, keep a look out for your eye direction. It is a slight thing, but it gfeels like the pupils aren't looking at the same thing.

good luck with this!

#8 11-06-2012 8:51 am

ARUN.VIJAYAN
Upstanding Citizen

@Hyperfisk :  Hey Tkz a lot for the comments.....N am gonna update
with the latest version soon....

#9 12-10-2012 2:39 am

ARUN.VIJAYAN
Upstanding Citizen

Guys...have a look at the rendered version..Please leme know what ya guys think.....

Direct Link

#10 12-10-2012 6:33 am

Archanex
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 37

Lookin good man! I'm guessing you're calling it done at this point since you went ahead and rendered it, but I did have a couple of notes if you ever decide to come back to it.  I like how in the beginning she is walking and he stops her by saying "look mary", but I feel like you're missing an acting opportunity with the woman... I feel like we should visibly be able to SEE HER not letting him finish, maybe she starts to walk away and he steps in front of her and says PLEASE!.... let me finish. Currently it seems like as soon as Malcom says "look Mary" she totally forgets she was ever thinking about leaving. but I think it would be better if we could see her internal struggle, like Malcom has to work a little harder to get her to stay. I also feel like the lipsync could use another polish pass. Anyway, I hope this helps. Keep going!

Last edited by Archanex (12-10-2012 6:38 am)

#11 12-10-2012 3:03 pm

ARUN.VIJAYAN
Upstanding Citizen

@ Archanex : Hey thanks for the details....

#12 12-10-2012 3:11 pm

RyanHagen
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 48

Nice job, for me personally, the point where he looks away to deliver "not afraid to admit it" feels off, I would have him look down and not disengage from the conversation, but make it an internal thing.  Other than that, I like what you have going on.  There are some other minor things you could adjust, but it's definitely a good attempt, keep it up!!!

Ryan
Animator
"Frustration is the handmaiden of creativity" ~ Chuck Jones

#13 12-10-2012 5:12 pm

TaiBo
Productive!

I like that he looks away, back to where they came from. it implies more of a story, like there was a jerk who put her down in a restaurant and he ran after her or something.

#14 12-10-2012 7:12 pm

monikag

Very nice work! I like the sublet acting you have.
I also have a couple of notes. At the beginning, when he throws his hands down at 'look Mary' i think some overlap would be nice.
Also, for my interpretation, his eyes look too aggressive when he says 'admit it' and I feel like he is talking to another person next to the camera. I agree with Ryan, I would have him look down to suggest a thought process and soften the eyebrows.
As for the woman, it would be nice to see more of her initial refusal. I feel his would improve the story arc. I would make more sense for him to say 'please let me finish' while she is trying to walk away and he pulls her back and then she gets weak.
good luck!

Board footer