#1 10-10-2012 1:55 am

Macneil18
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 52

WIP - Who am I?

This is the first time I'm using the forum to get help for the competition. I would like my next ribbon to be a different colour, but more importantly, be able to put this piece in my next Demo and the most important of all: I want to improve! So this is my blocking. I would like some feedback about my poses and what your impression about the idea is. It's a deep conversation between 2 men about culture and politics; a part of Canada speaks French as a first language and the francophones are always talking about making their own country. I'm not giving my political opinion though, I just wanted to animate a small talk between two friends.

Direct Link

Merci.

Last edited by Macneil18 (10-10-2012 1:56 am)

#2 10-10-2012 8:36 am

Karrey
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 36

Re: WIP - Who am I?

Looking great this far! smile I can really feel the story you are describing in their gestures.
It feels like to me that there are too many "keyposes" in the beginning, though. Like you could stay on the "you" pose a bit longer before moving on to "not knowing who you are" gestures. Hope I make sense. smile Just an opinion though.
I love the "are!" pose!

#3 10-12-2012 11:56 pm

Macneil18
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 52

Re: WIP - Who am I?

Thanks Karrey!
I deleted some poses to make it more simple for the viewers. Also, I changed some emotions to give a contrast between the two characters. This is my blocking with some inbetweens and breakdowns. Now, I'm working on the timing and working on some poses too. Any criticisms or comments are more than welcome.

Direct Link

Board footer