#1 10-03-2012 7:16 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

JK - "I worry..." concepts because conceptualizing is fun.

My October is booked solid (I don't even have time to vote on last month's entries, but good luck everyone!) yet the audio for this month is SO AWESOME that I had to sketch out a few idea thumbnails. I figured I'd share, just for kicks! If anyone is lacking an idea and one of these jumps out, absolutely feel free to use 'em. I'm not going to.

http://www.fredthemonkey.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/conceptsOct11Sec.jpg

1) Dog marrying a cat, priest worrying about such a union.
2) Elmer Fudd talking to Daffy Duck who is wearing DONALD Duck's uniform
3) Old cowboy at the campfire talking to a big brute of a man wearing a tutu and leotard

I feel like I could just sit and come up with concepts for this month all month long! But alas, there's work to do. Good luck to everybody entering for October! (If you have any thoughts on the above concepts, what you like or how they could be improved, I'd love to hear them! Then I can tuck away the advice for the future. smile )

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#2 10-04-2012 2:08 am

jay-ay

Re: JK - "I worry..." concepts because conceptualizing is fun.

It's a shame you won't be entering this month! There're far too few 2D entries as it is.

I like the first one the best smile The third option seems a tad too literal in relation to the dialogue "not knowing who you are". I like the comedic effect of the big guy in a tutu, but the idea just skates the surface of the audio. Sorry I can't be more helpful, the words just won't come!

#3 10-04-2012 3:31 am

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

Re: JK - "I worry..." concepts because conceptualizing is fun.

I agree, jay. The last one is certainly the weakest. It's just what popped into my head and I wanted to sketch it down because I think it would be pretty fun to animate/draw. smile

I imagine there will be a lot like that third one when the voting begins. It's a pretty quick-response answer to the audio, I think. (Something like that, I mean.)

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

Board footer