#1 09-10-2012 6:10 pm

dclark

Animatic of keys and breakdowns-Squirrel

Here are the keyframes and some breakdowns for this month's competition. The concept is that this female squirrel has run short on getting ready for the oncoming winter and likely won't survive. Therefore, she aspires to become a flying squirrel like she read in her book. My biggest criticism last competition was that the overall movement of my character wasn't up to par with the facial animation so I thought I would post the poses to get some feedback on whether she is moving enough or not. I would really like to fully color this month's on the same level that I did last month, but not if the poses/animation is really flawed. Thanks for the feedback.

Direct Link

Richard Williams: "Excuse me, uh, Milt but do you ever listen to classic music while you are animating?"
Milt Kahl:"OF ALL THE FFFSSSTUPID QUESTIONS!!! I"M NOT SMART ENOUGH TO THINK OF MORE THAN ONE THING AT A TIME!"
Richard Williams:"I-I won't do it anymore..."

#2 09-10-2012 7:01 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

Re: Animatic of keys and breakdowns-Squirrel

The pose on the first "maybe" seems a little too buff for the character. Squirrels have a way of being very flowy, with one line from the tip of the nose to the tip of the tail. It's great that you're drawing solid 3D shapes, but don't forget to couple that with appealing lines and curves! smile

Good luck with it.

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#3 09-10-2012 8:55 pm

abhisek.mis2@gmail.com

i really appreciate your idea .good one. found some interesting poses also  (right to .....i die) in that part and i am totally agree  with JKR whatever he said. now i like to share some idea about the animation.like u said (she aspires to become a flying squirrel like she read in her book) but the thing is only u r the one who knows about the flying squirrel .don't get me????....ok as an animator u need to convey your audience about your idea. so for that i suggest u to use a different angle to establish the flying squirrel idea. otherwise how come your audience will know about the squirrels desire ???? because in this dialog she is not going to say that and the book is too small in screen.   so u may put a close shot of the squirrel with the book , so audience can see the tittle of the book ,like ''how to fly'' or ''the flying squirrels''. ......good luck for your animation..

#4 09-10-2012 8:59 pm

abhisek.mis2@gmail.com

just try hard ....u will get it...smile

Last edited by abhisek.mis2@gmail.com (09-10-2012 9:08 pm)

#5 09-10-2012 10:56 pm

dclark

I see what you mean, JKR. I was a little hesitant about throwing in that pose cause the other ones seem so sweet compared to that one. Kinda like if Ariel from "The Little Mermaid" were to get into a Hulk pose. It needs to be smoother like the others. And abhisek.mis2, I am thinking of making a quick close up shot on the book and then use the 3D camera to zoom in more on her but keep the same shot (just zoomed in) between "earned" and "little."

PS-Anyone notice how long this month's clip is?

Richard Williams: "Excuse me, uh, Milt but do you ever listen to classic music while you are animating?"
Milt Kahl:"OF ALL THE FFFSSSTUPID QUESTIONS!!! I"M NOT SMART ENOUGH TO THINK OF MORE THAN ONE THING AT A TIME!"
Richard Williams:"I-I won't do it anymore..."

Board footer