#1 09-02-2012 7:55 am

GREENBERET
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 57

A Night With Danger and Hope..!!

Hey Friends,

Here the plot of story :-

A VIP couple got a call that their missing daughter found in other country,
They are going to meet her in their charter plane.
Due to technical problem their plane crashes and fall in a deep forest.
Rescue team will only reach there in next morning
They have to spent whole night in that forest which is full of creatures.
lady lost his hope to meet his daughter, she look at photo of her daughter and deliver that dialog.

Will upload a setup snapshot and character soon. smile

Critics and comments welcome as always smile

#2 09-02-2012 9:37 am

pollywoggles

Re: A Night With Danger and Hope..!!

If I saw this description for a two hour feature film I'd watch it.  It sounds like something I'd like!  But 11 seconds?

Paul

#3 09-02-2012 2:10 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

pollywoggles wrote:

If I saw this description for a two hour feature film I'd watch it.  It sounds like something I'd like!  But 11 seconds?

Agreed! If you want to write a lot of background story for your own sake, that's actually a great idea. It will help. But to convey what you just said BEFORE even getting to the animation that is only 11 seconds long will be nearly impossible. Just keep that in mind when you're choosing. You are very unlikely to get that story across to anyone who hasn't read the paragraph you wrote above, which could confuse the audience. You want the story to be as clear as possible to the viewer.

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#4 09-02-2012 2:29 pm

gtvdave
Rockstar
Karmojo: 78

I believe that there is no intention from GREENBERET to convey the story details in the dialogue. Just like you said he/she is probably just looking what happened before the dialogue plays out.

#5 09-02-2012 3:57 pm

GREENBERET
Model Citizen

Thanks for your valuable time friends,
sorry if i didn't explain my idea well, i don't have any intention to make a whole movie tongue
I am going to animate only 11 sec sound only, tongue
In my old wip's post people want to know about background, like why he is talking, where, why, what, how etc.
So am only trying to explain that thing first. smile

Here is the my progress so far -

That only for BG, poses not final and placement also not final.

http://s11.postimage.org/fseoh2rof/setup.jpg

#6 09-02-2012 9:52 pm

pollywoggles

As JKR said, I think your story needs to be clear to the audience. 

Given that you only have 11 seconds, it seems like you really need to keep things simple.

I like your ideas.  It just feels like you have too many great ones: the tropics, powder kegs, cliffs, a helicopter, a spooky house.

The image you posted feels like the visuals for a fun two hour film, dropped into a collage.

Paul

#7 09-03-2012 6:24 am

Skyefish

i like the idea although if you simply play out the animation in that background with the audio given to us, it might simply come across as  a woman that had a crash and wants to survive so she can see her daughter again. all the missing daughter vip stuff might not come across at all. this is not a bad thing btw. good luck and i look forward to seeing it tongue

i will sleep when i'm dead :-P

#8 09-03-2012 7:45 pm

powl77

This sounds great! I always think the more you know about the background of a character/scene the better. Even if you don't actually show it, the little nuances and character quirks that might come through will set you apart from someone who hasn't given it as much thought and gives the obvious.

I do agree though you don't want the scene to be tooo cluttered. If you can condense some of the ideas, even if they're subtle hints, you'll still have that sense that it's deeper than this one clip.

Or not, like I said it sounds great regardless, can't wait to see it finished.

#9 09-03-2012 7:52 pm

Martial_Armand_Fontan

How introduce the missing daughter..... with a picture that the mother watch ?
If the animation is int this shot, I don't think that it's nice to use only 5% of your screen for an acting (except in french series... XD oh I'm bad !), optimize as well as possible your frame.

#10 09-05-2012 9:34 am

revolvermd
Tipster
Karmojo: 25

I like your idea but like the others say you won't be able to convey that in 11 seconds.  It's good to have a background to the story but I feel like what you are trying to do is way to much for this clip.  I saw so many scenes setup trying to tell a story in the last competition but the animation was lacking or worse.  I wish you luck either way but I think maybe you should find a different way to convey the story.  I like the idea of the lady looking at a picture of her daughter.  I think that might help tell your story a bit better without confusing the viewers. Good Luck!

#11 09-05-2012 2:59 pm

GREENBERET
Model Citizen

Thanks friends for your input.
I will be back with some animation thing. smile

Board footer