#1 08-25-2012 2:52 am

adigan

augist wip - 2 days work so far

Direct Link

please review the main guys animation and camera angles .  suggestions for anything else wud also be welcomed ....

thanks guys..  smile

#2 08-25-2012 3:02 am

GFanimation
Participator
Karmojo: 7

Re: augist wip - 2 days work so far

Camera wise, I have no idea what the pan down is supposed to be showing.  Also, the first and second shots are the exact same distance and height which doesn't give any new information.  Try making one of the shots a medium close up from the chest up, move the camera closer to the ground a tilt it up a little and it should be a more powerful shot.

Reel: http://www.gfanimation.com

13th Principal of Animation:  SHOOT VIDEO REFERENCE!

#3 08-25-2012 4:40 am

adigan

thanks very very much.... will soon upload the vid with new changes and powerful camera angles ....thanx again mate smile

#4 08-26-2012 7:53 am

adigan

WIP 2

Direct Link

again ......... every comment wud be appreciated smile

#5 08-28-2012 4:19 am

GFanimation
Participator
Karmojo: 7

Awesome, it's really coming along.  The last really powerful line "I owned the stage" is completely lost while we are looking at his knees tongue   A crossfade of him saying the line then face into the case with money?  I think you really need to show him delivering that line even if you have to remove the shot of the case.

Reel: http://www.gfanimation.com

13th Principal of Animation:  SHOOT VIDEO REFERENCE!

#6 08-28-2012 7:37 pm

adigan

ok.... thanx again  smile ....  this right here is almost what the final animation wud luk like,... i don't think i'll be getting any more time to work on this one.... got only 4-5 days for this....  sad

Direct Link

#7 08-29-2012 2:43 pm

Skyefish

cool youve come a long way since the start. just a few things. the second shot would look a lot better if it was the same angle as the first just a close up. what you are doing now is known as crossing the line in film terminology and is a big no no for the future. also i think you can put some more reaction into the other person sitting next to him. last thing is the pick up of the guitar seems floaty. just tighten that up a bit. all and all it looks good! great job! :-P

i will sleep when i'm dead :-P

#8 08-30-2012 5:51 pm

adigan

ok ... so here's the final draft.... but hey theres still some time after my office hours ....for corrections....
so pour in some suggestions (if any) ....  thanx

Direct Link

#9 08-30-2012 7:13 pm

jabobob

Its looking good but obviously there is still a lot that could be done. Firstly the lip sync feels off, especially at "live my dream" i really cant feel the 'mmm' sound in 'my' or the 'drr' sound in dream. I would slightly delay the hand gesture so his creates a fist on "dream" instead of "i live". When he reaches for the guitar I think his body should rotate more towards it and perhaps make him lean back in anticipation of picking the guitar up. As it stands the guitar seems like it weighs nothing which is a waste of an opportunity to demonstrate some good body mechanics.

I really like the facial acting and the movement in his legs, plus the overall concept is great. Keep animating smile

Last edited by jabobob (08-30-2012 7:15 pm)

"What then is truth? A movable host of metaphors, metonymies, and anthropomorphisms: in short, a sum of human relations which have been poetically and rhetorically intensified, transferred, and embellished, and which, after long usage, seem to a people to be fixed, canonical, and binding." Friedrich Nietzsche

#10 08-31-2012 6:09 am

adigan

k.... thank you very much for your comments.... i`ll surely work on those before submitting tonight...   smile

#11 08-31-2012 11:25 pm

adigan

smile. . . here's my final piece for august 2012.... thanx everybody for your comments ... i know its not upto the mark yet... but I'll get there sooner or later wink ..... keep animating

Direct Link

Board footer