#1 08-17-2012 6:06 pm

JoshMorley

August Competition WIP

Hey all,

Been busy with my last semester at school and doing a test for a studio, but I'm a little more free now so I'll try and get this done! Stepping out poses with some breakdowns, no anticipation or follow-throughs yet. Decided to change how the scene was set up, so it set me back. About 5 hours in after the change of the scene.

Direct Link

Any advice/critiques are appreciated!

Josh

#2 08-24-2012 12:07 pm

JoshMorley

Re: August Competition WIP

Put some more time in it, I really need to work on doing more in betweens, going between ik and fk always gets me too. Any help/advice is appreciated!

Direct Link

#3 08-27-2012 1:46 pm

JoshMorley

Hey again,

Had some more time! Changed some subtle posing, and went to step a couple inbetweens. Most of the main character is plateaued now.
Any help or suggestions would be great, love getting critiques, helps me grow as an animator!

Direct Link

Josh

#4 08-27-2012 3:28 pm

wolfor
Rockstar
Karmojo: 75

Hi! Odd when some people get no feedback at all...
Anyways, I like the setting, what sticks out most at the moment, is the arc of his arm when he's gesturing, the timing is not very fluent and the hand seems to move a bit disconnected from the body. Keep in mind that every movement of the body also moves the arm, and every arm movement also moves the body.
Sorry for being vague, I hope you get what I mean, maybe work on that now and then move to the next issue, that somebody else might point out?
Keep it up!

#5 08-27-2012 5:09 pm

JoshMorley

Thanks for the feedback! I get what you mean, and now that you say it I can see it. I'll also keep this notion in mind for the rest of the movements he makes, see if I can get better follow-throughs!

#6 08-27-2012 6:53 pm

Aloke316
Participator
Karmojo: 10

first of all after he says stars there is some wierd jerk in his shoulders.....the gestures are off timing (audio is before and gestures are hitting too late)....The first Head nod at "Relatively like u" is Jerky!! the body (spine) of the child character is moving too fast and is very jerky.... slow it down give some Moving holds (cushion) to it!! when he drinks the cofee the arcs of the hands are disturbed like a "S" arc..make it go smoothly in Arc!! and like what Wolfor said if the hands move the other parts of the body should also have some movements....if the Last gesture can be Improved it would be more better!! anywayz i like your Acting choices!! Keep working!! u ll improve!!

#7 08-29-2012 3:01 pm

Skyefish

wow what the dude above me said. also i think there should be a lot more torso movement to compensate for all the arm movement. the head can also be pushed a little bit more. needless to say the other character needs some reaction animation. its coming along nicely so keep up the good work ok :-P

i will sleep when i'm dead :-P

Board footer