#1 07-21-2007 8:02 pm

dbag333
Tipster
Karmojo: 27

Non Comp Test

Hey, here is what I was working on before I started in on the July.  Wanted to get as far as I could before I start Splining things out.

Any and all crits please.

Direct Link

#2 07-21-2007 8:20 pm

Marcos_BorBa
Celebrity
Karmojo: 63

Re: Non Comp Test

looking good so far!!! i liked a lot. waiting for ups!!

#3 07-22-2007 8:25 pm

alonso
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 45

the motion looks good, decent arcs and texture to the timing. Cute sound. Unfortunately I have no idea what the bunny does, I can't make out what she says at all. Movement wise when after she looks at the book and then comes back towards camera, she's looking down, and then up to the laughter, not sure why she's looking at their knees. I think throughout it might be a little stronger if you lead the direction changes more with the eyes, maybe have the eyes start moving to the new target a tiny bit before the lids come down for the big head change. Lastly I think you might be able to sprinkle a little more S&S in on the body just to add a little more springy weight, just don't overdo it. Very appealing start so far.

-Alonso

#4 07-23-2007 5:18 pm

dbag333
Tipster
Karmojo: 27

Alonso.  Great crit man, thanks.

the bunny does nothing, just a book.  It is confusing as hell, I admit.

So it appears she's looking at knees, no good, I"ll take a look at that.  Good call on the eyes.  I'll experiment with the s&s.  I agree with the don't over do it.  The line is much finer for that in 3d, as compared to 2D, ive noticed.  I can get away with smearing the character all over the page if I draw it.  Little to much stretch on the head in 3D, and it ruins it for me.

The track is less then stellar, and when I Started I made the big mistake of watching the video of the kid saying this WAY too much, and got hooked on trying to do that, instead of interpreting it for my own, and making the perfomance read the way it should.

thanks again.

Board footer