#1 07-21-2007 11:38 am

andrhunt
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 34

new character animation piece

Hi , just finished a new animation test with the Sergio rig.
Let me know what you think.
Here's the link www.andrew-hunt.com/whatido.html
Thanks

Andrew

#2 07-21-2007 3:34 pm

MattJ
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 39

Re: new character animation piece

That was hysterical.  Really good body language and personality.
It does feel a bit floaty from pose to pose, but not bad.
The only real big thing that stood out was the "Huh?" at the end - the facial expression could be toned down just a bit.

Awesome stuff Andrew!  Really fun piece to watch.

Matt -

Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere - Ratatouille
Animation Drop
Animation Exercises

#3 07-21-2007 8:44 pm

dbag333
Tipster
Karmojo: 27

yeah, floaty in parts.  Some good poses, not too many of them, each one strong.

the head and hips are doing some funky things.  I"d watch the translates on the head, and tone down the degree to which the hips are rotating and translating.

Acting wise, you are pretty close.  I"d give some more contrast in the arm gestures, power wise.  many of them are very braod, and extended to full length.  he does not seem this excited about everything he says.  In each scene would have an arc I would think.  Pick one of your hits, and keep it as strong, and the the others either buildig up to it, being more restrained the biggest one, and then workind down from it

specifically the crazy lady.  the actions for the chips and the lady, are very similar, but his tone is different.

I like the arm things before pointing to the chips.  Not sure what it is, but it really works.  like the chimp monk nest part.

No major reworking.  just tweaking the poses you have, and the transitions between them.  you all ready have some nice contrast between slower, more restrained moves, and faster, punchy-er action.

thas my take on it, whats yours?

#4 07-26-2007 8:34 pm

andrhunt
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 34

Hi, thanks for your replies guys.
Thanks Dbag, very detailed breakdown. The hip movements were initially there for added weight.
Maybe too much.
But again your comments are very helpful, they help me see some mistakes I hadn't seen.

Thanks again.

Andrew

#5 07-26-2007 9:23 pm

dbag333
Tipster

glad they could be of help.  Its helpful for me to try and articulate what I think is going on as well.  its allways a risk, as some people take good critiques too personally.  Just pass it on when you get the chance.  Its how we all grow.

best of luck,

dbag

#6 07-26-2007 9:27 pm

dbag333
Tipster

glad they could be of help.  Its helpful for me to try and articulate what I think is going on as well.  its allways a risk, as some people take good critiques too personally.  Just pass it on when you get the chance.  Its how we all grow.

best of luck,

dbag

Board footer