#1 03-12-2012 2:29 pm

monkeybuoy

Half Measure - SamC

Direct Link

My first 11 second club attempt using Escape studios rig. I've blocked it out with Flash and now I'm going to do the keys in Maya.  Will also be my first lip-sync with Maya, which I think I've cracked that process smile

samcundall.co.uk
(thanks to Escape Stuido's, London for the rig)

#2 03-12-2012 7:29 pm

Smokenttpbr

Re: Half Measure - SamC

nice start

#3 03-13-2012 1:16 pm

oneZ

when he puts his head on his arm make this action earlier than words "I chose a half measure", and when he falls down make him go little UP then go down smile

#4 03-13-2012 7:33 pm

monkeybuoy

Direct Link

Next stage, Blocked out in Maya, was having some issues with locators attaching to the head was fine, but then swapping back to FK was a bit tricky (didn't want to be tied to IK for the rest of the animation) - created another locator but wanted to use only the rotation of it rather than the position and there are a few wobbly skins (hopefully this will go away when there is more animation) but it would be good to know if anyone has a better way to attach and detach from an object, and using the object to move the hand.  My main focus is the acting so i'm not too worried for this one, but would be good to know for the next!

samcundall.co.uk

#5 03-29-2012 10:48 am

monkeybuoy

Direct Link

I didn't think I'd get to finish this as my wife is expecting a baby and it was a bit touch and go with trips to the hospital, but I've been able to do a bit more now - it's a race to get it finished! Here I have animated the body, refining the timing and adding more character (I've hidden the mouth so to concentrate on the main action) Still need to do the hands, fingers and the features. Arms and hands next...

samcundall.co.uk

#6 03-29-2012 12:01 pm

yogesh.kh
Participator
Karmojo: 7

I like your way of work.

fighting to be a good animator and create my ID in industry.
http://yogeshkh.blogspot.in/

#7 03-30-2012 12:27 pm

monkeybuoy

Direct Link

Arms, Fingers and Hands done, all seems to be coming together, next is the eyes and mouth and then we are done (might move the camera across shot, but i do like the simplicity of it - have to finish by 5pm so that I can upload before going to see Pirates!

samcundall.co.uk

#8 03-30-2012 12:45 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

I like it a lot, but you might consider toning back the head/arm slam onto the table. There's no sound to fit that action, so if he sort of rolled into it more instead of SLAM then it will fit the audio much better.

Quite nice job, though! Very smooth and flowing. Great work.

Animator Island - A website for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Some things are improbable. Some things are unlikely. Nothing is impossible.

#9 03-30-2012 1:56 pm

monkeybuoy

I did think so when I previewed it, I'll see what I can do, still need to finish the face, although I really like it without features at the moment!, cheers for the feedback!

JKR wrote:

I like it a lot, but you might consider toning back the head/arm slam onto the table. There's no sound to fit that action, so if he sort of rolled into it more instead of SLAM then it will fit the audio much better.

Quite nice job, though! Very smooth and flowing. Great work.

samcundall.co.uk

#10 03-30-2012 4:55 pm

monkeybuoy

Direct Link

A ton of mistakes in the lipsync, will fix later on tonight also need to fix the eyes, incorporated the feedback from JKR to slow down the drop - i think it works a lot better now, thanks!!

samcundall.co.uk

Board footer