#51 06-11-2012 8:58 pm

JeffR

Re: The Official Unofficial Morpheus Thread! (ASK QUESTIONS HERE FIRST!)

Thanks again for the Morphy rig Josh.  It sure is nice to work with!

#52 06-19-2012 5:46 am

JLipscomb
Tipster
Karmojo: 27

Hi guys! Quick question about the morpheus rig.  Are there controls for the right side of the face?  Currently I'm only seeing left side versions of the following controls:

brow_left_mover_ctrl_anim
sideHead_left_mover_ctrl_anim
ear_left_mover_ctrl_anim
lwrSide_left_mover_ctrl_anim

Do the right side controls for these not exist in the current version of the rig, or am I just dumb and can't find them?

#53 06-19-2012 12:29 pm

jjburton
Rockstar
Karmojo: 71

There face shapers only have controls on one side that mirror across. The regular face rig controls have full controls. You can check the visibility on the main anim control at the root of the scene.

If you just have to have control on the shapers, you can disable the expression which drives the mirror relationship and move those joints yourself.

Hope this helps,
j

#54 06-19-2012 1:36 pm

JLipscomb
Tipster

Thanks for getting back to me!  I was thinking that those controls were for animating, rather than just shaping the face.  Makes sense now.  Cheers!

#55 06-19-2012 11:28 pm

Dance_Commander

Hey guys, quick problem that should be easy to fix, I posed a couple of characters, saved the scene and closed it. Now when I open it up again, moving the hips or foot controls results weird toe behaviour. When translating the hips, the toes will move a similar amount and go all stretched out. When moving the feet controls, the legs and heel will move properly but the toes will stay where they were and everything in between gets all distorted.

Little bit of a game breaker, was wondering if there was a script I've forgotten to run or something.

#56 06-20-2012 12:38 am

jjburton
Rockstar

Dance_commander, sounds to me like a couple of possibilities:
1) See if you keyed some joints inadvertently
2) Try reordering the skinCluster and blendshape node on the body then putting them back. A few people have run into a bug on that that I haven't been able to replicate.

If that doesn't work, lemme know.
-j

#57 06-20-2012 4:53 pm

Dance_Commander

Ah, in my haste I had hit select hierarchy on the spine root and keyed all, and this apparently has some side effects. If I stop rushing and select everything to key one at a time, it takes longer but it works perfectly.

Making an example of myself!

#58 06-20-2012 5:44 pm

jjburton
Rockstar

Glad we got you sorted, Dance. Check out our latest tool for easy keying and selecting. Maybe it'll help:)
https://vimeo.com/44254073

#59 06-26-2012 7:02 am

A_
Helper
Karmojo: 12

first of all, let me thank you for this wonderful rig! i love him! smile

i have a weird "black ear" texture problem. smile
i opened up Morpheus, morphed him, gave him textures and colors, and saved that as my rig reference file.
then i opened my scene and referenced him in.
for some reason, in my scene, his ear turns black. as you can see, in the reference file it looks fine, but something must be going wrong when i reference it in my scene. i don't know how to fix it... i tried reloading the reference, but it didn't matter. still black ear.

http://www.creativedreamers.com/images/morphy.jpg

#60 06-26-2012 5:48 pm

jjburton
Rockstar

A- does it render that way or just in the viewport? I've seen several playblasts from folks with that but the renders all seem fine. That ear has a negative scale on it because it was a fast way to mirror my blendshapes (better ways to do it but back when I was making it I was lookin for short cuts to finish.

-j

#61 06-26-2012 9:36 pm

A_
Helper
Karmojo: 12

it's like that in the viewport and playblast, i haven't tried rendering yet.
i'll try rendering and let you know my results. smile

#62 06-27-2012 1:13 am

JLipscomb
Tipster

Josh and/or anyone who knows,

Is there a facial GUI?  If so, how do I get to it/turn it on?

#63 06-27-2012 1:38 am

Chris.Daley
Participator
Karmojo: 6

Hey JLipscomb,

As far as I know, there is no independent GUI for facial controls.  However, if you click the all_anim control (the four-arrow control at the base of Morphy), you can look in the Channel Box and show "Face Rig" and "Face Shapers."  There is also a "face_cam" camera that you can switch to that is always locked to the face.  I hope that helps! smile

#64 06-27-2012 1:46 am

Chris.Daley
Participator

Hey Josh,

I've received this error while trying to bake the "Ryan" costume (the pants, specifically) to Morphy:

// Error: The destination attribute 'RYAN_v0_6:RYAN_Pants_bsNode.RYAN_v0_6:RYAN_Pants_skinny_neck' cannot be found. //

I clicked the pants, the shift-clicked the hips control, and clicked the bake button in the Morphy shelf.  Do you think this is an error with the pants, or perhaps there's something else wrong?

It's somewhat similar to my previous problem, but instead of just skinning in the costume (via the button directly to the left of the bake button on the shelf), I want to bake it so that I can morph the costume with the rig (aka turn the costume from its male shape to a female shape).

Thanks,
Chris

Update:  For some reason unknown to me, each piece of the costume is in a group of its own.  I went into the Outliner and clicked the mesh itself, then ran the bake script, and it seemed to work except for a particular error:

// Error: No valid objects supplied to 'xform' command. //

Any idea for what that means?  Also, the morphing works pretty well on the pants, thankfully (although I still have to fix some skin weights, just like with my previous problem).  I'll attach the other costume pieces and see how it looks/morphs/deforms. smile

Last edited by Chris.Daley (06-27-2012 2:07 am)

#65 06-27-2012 7:22 am

Bnason

Hello everyone! It's getting close to render time for my June scene and I am having issues with rendering Morpheus using Mental Ray. In the background of the scene I have a mirror setup. Unfortunately Morphy's Hair and Facial hair don't seem to want to show up in the reflection!

I am using a mia_material_x to make the mirror. I have tried messing around with the attributes for both the hair and the mirror texture to no avail.

Any thoughts would be awesome! Thanks.

Brandon

#66 06-27-2012 7:58 am

Bnason

Ah got it! I was selecting the group for the hair instead of the actual geo. Navigating the hierarchy on the rig is quite tricky haha! Just had to check box the render in reflection options under render stats.

Brandon

#67 06-27-2012 1:13 pm

jjburton
Rockstar

Hey Chris, glad you got it figured out. Yeah, you'd need to select the actual geo to run stuff correctly. That error more than likely means that something was passed into it without a transform. If you have more troubles, you can use cgm.tdTools to do the same functions. They have more advanced tools of the functions in the Morphy scripts. If you wanna check em out you can go to cgmonks.com.

Bnason, glad you found em. Yeah, I ended up grouping hiding some of the customization geo rather than individual node trees for each piece to simply the setup a bit but there are a lot of options being carried around. Have ideas of how to address that on Morphy 2.0.

#68 06-29-2012 2:12 am

Chris.Daley
Participator

Thanks, Josh! big_smile

#69 06-29-2012 2:14 am

Chris.Daley
Participator

Anyone try out the ECMWP clothes for Morphy yet?  I can't get the skin influences to appear on the clothing (via the paint skin weights tool).  It's behaving like it isn't skinned, but I know it is.  Anyone run into a problem like this before?

Thanks,
Chris

#70 06-29-2012 6:45 pm

jBen428

Hi all,

So I'm using the main body of Morpheus for a character, and I customized all morph triggers to my liking. Next I parent constrained a set of ski boots to his feet, and I scaled up the actual shape node on the feet controls so I could see/grab them with the boots there.

Did the exact same thing for each foot. However, while the right foot control works fine, the left one broke somehow. I can move the foot on X and Z, but if I try moving it up on Y, it's like the IK with the knee broke and it doesn't bend.

Question: is there an easy fix for this OR should I reimport the rig? I should add that I have also replaced the hands with mittens at this point, so it's not going to be a smooth replacement process if I do it that way.

Thanks!
Jess

#71 06-30-2012 12:10 pm

jjburton
Rockstar

Chris, that's odd on the skin influence thing. You sure it's not just wrap deformed? Maya version?

Jess, it sounds like maybe the constraint on the left isn't the same as the right. Perhaps you selected something else when you set it up or maybe you're selecting the foot joint and not the foot control? And unless you have a strong reason not to, always reference and don't import. it's much easier to keep from breaking things. Also, turn on incremental save:)

#72 06-30-2012 8:46 pm

Chris.Daley
Participator

Hey Josh,

I'm using Maya 2012.  ...Well I'll be, it's got a wrap deformer on it.  Thanks for asking about that! tongue  I'll do some research into wrap deformers (which I obviously know little about right now) and see if there's anything I can do. smile

Thanks,
Chris

#73 06-30-2012 9:49 pm

jjburton
Rockstar

Chris, wrap deformers are really slow. If you wanna try something else...

Take a look at the tdTools in the cgmToolbox - cgmonks.com. You can easily copy skin weights and blendshape trees with it (same functionality as the original Morpheus script). If you need the customization, transfer the blendshapes to the new mesh, then skin it in. I cover both of the tools in a facial demo I did for FaceWare here (sorry, it's a bit long) -https://vimeo.com/42170036

Last edited by jjburton (06-30-2012 9:50 pm)

#74 06-30-2012 11:27 pm

jBen428

Thanks for the incremental save suggestion, Josh.

Yeah, I usually do reference the rig and in this case I forgot that I could always import it later after referencing. Can you make any suggestions on what to look for regarding the constraint being different? At this point I've also begun to set up my new head, so I'd hate to lose that work by having to reference a new version. Unless it's crazy easy to attach my own head rig and I'm giving myself extra work? This workflow is a little new to me and I'm pretty novice at rigging. 

Thanks for the help and the rig. I'm using it in a thesis project and its really helping me out. smile

#75 07-01-2012 1:27 am

Chris.Daley
Participator

Thanks, Josh!  I'll check it out and see how those tools can help me out.  I managed to work around it by just moving some vertices near the knees, but the clothes have a couple other issues.  I appreciate your time and help! big_smile

Board footer