#51 08-29-2011 8:48 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

Re: MC 14: The Diving Board!

Aaaaaaaaaaalmost done, sorry for the delay. It's coming along well, just another 10 or so frames to do.

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#52 08-29-2011 9:11 pm

J3dheadAnimation
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 42

i might try the next challenge im so busy with the 11 sec one hey can u check my latest wip jkr i would really appreciate it

JOSHUA

#53 08-29-2011 9:32 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Productive!

Alright, well, it's not perfect, and if I had a million years with nothing to do I'd totally go back and fix the last arc because it didn't work as it did in my head and while flipping, but at least I got it done! Thanks for the deadline being later in the day this time around. smile

Direct Link

Uhg, I really hate that ending... Blast my lack of time! Well, at least I think the first half is pretty slick. Lessons learned!

---

#54 08-29-2011 9:42 pm

thelittlepenguin84
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 47

yeh it is a shame about that arc. The beginning rules. I can understand its difficulty due to the perspective. Pretty complex. I post on a weds/thurs so up to you if you wanna head back into it. Of course, doing so would cut into time of the next challenge, should you wish to participate.

Really pleased to see so many entries and a nice mix of 2d and 3d. Well done to all!!

Last edited by thelittlepenguin84 (08-29-2011 9:43 pm)

#55 08-29-2011 9:54 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Productive!

I don't dare go back to it or I'll be DOOMED on the August 11 Second entry. I've still got a ton to do and- YIKES! ONLY TWO DAYS LEFT!

---

#56 08-29-2011 10:10 pm

thelittlepenguin84
Upright Citizen

Good luck!! And of course you've checked out J3dheadAnimation's work. The animator has a lot to learn, but coming along great.

Concerning your dive. I think we both agreed the ending could be better, but definately pleased to post it, as the beginning really is very good. The control of the weight is awesome. Congrats!

#57 08-29-2011 11:16 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Productive!

CURSES! I am truly an animator, I just COULDN'T let it go. I spent the entire drive home from work telling my wife "The beginning is really pretty good but I hate the second half. Arg, I hate it so much. SO MUCH!" It's lucky I didn't crash the car... Anyway, the second I got home I sat down at my light table and changed a few frames. It works much better now (still not great, but I'm not going to do a TOTAL redo... or am I?), but I still need to redo the part after those frames to fit together, so regardless of what version you post on the blog, I'll put up the better version here once it's done. smile

---

#58 08-30-2011 3:14 am

Kai
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 53

wooots~ Nicee JKR! big_smile like the little skirt effect *the way his short overlaps/ drags* hehe.. About the dive.. I think just add one inbetween at the point where he stretch in the air. Maybe it will help  the hanging in the air. =P About the arc... hmm.. maybe you want to try adjust your position and rotation of the drawings and then readjust from there.. probably quicker.. smile goood work, JKR!! haha.. I'm glad I dint go for both the competition and the MC. Cos if I do... I will end up not finishing any ^^;;;

Cheers!!
kai

#59 08-30-2011 3:34 am

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Productive!

Kai wrote:

like the little skirt effect *the way his short overlaps/ drags*

Yay, someone noticed! smile

Honestly it was kind of an accident. I was drawing the first frame of that part and my pencil seemed to just put that in with my brain saying "Well of course his shorts would fluff up there." So maybe not an accident so much as natural habit! (I guess if you're going to have a natural habit, that's a good one to have.) I really like the huge amount that subtle detail adds to the piece. It really gives the character weight.

---

#60 08-30-2011 4:04 am

esquilogp

@Ajanabee Hey Ajanabee first of all thank you for your thought

30 - 56 i really tried to adjust the spacing before and after the first jump, but somehow the character seemed to
lose weight.. anyway i tried
72 - 78 Take a look and see if i did it right.

@jayzd89
     Hii jayzd89, i think the linear track is gone, It was a battle to ajust the spacing
but i think it's working now...

@Kai
     Kai thanks again buddy, you did an awesome job.. so inspiring !
     72-77 i tried to rotate the cog and the hip to force the "U" shape of the spine, so i get more torque..
     before the flip.. is it okay now ?

Thank you so much guys, i learnt many things in this MC .

Revision :

Direct Link

#61 08-30-2011 4:10 am

Kai
Model Citizen

JKR wrote:

I really like the huge amount that subtle detail adds to the piece. It really gives the character weight.

hee.. I think in terms of visual elements.. adding something "light" in the scene will enhance the potential of "weight" as it compliment each other. Even better in its subtle, almost unseen ways.. big_smile

Yay~~
kai

#62 08-30-2011 5:33 am

Kai
Model Citizen

Hey Esquilogp!! big_smile the thrust for the rotation looks better now.. smile Gonna post series of jpeg to illustrate the dive. Hope it helps you in anyway.. smile

I adjusted frame 87 and rotate up abit.. Just so that the legs are not stick to a point. And frame 91 down so that it follow the flow more.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39010532/COG_dive.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39010532/Head_dive.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39010532/Leg_dive.jpg
This is just some alternative for the legs.. smile..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39010532/alternative_leg_dive.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39010532/flow.jpg

Correct if im wrong guys!! >_<
(any idea how to get the jpeg to show here? rather then opening the links, sorry im a noob..heee) = found it big_smile

Cheers!!

kai

Last edited by Kai (08-30-2011 5:49 am)

#63 08-30-2011 2:28 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Productive!

Finished my second attempt at the later part. It's still not what I'd like it to be, but I think it's leagues better than that first awful thing I did. Lessons: Make sure he jumps high enough. Hold longer at the top of the arc. Probably don't have him arch like a snake at the top but I kept that in there because I just liked the idea of it. (In reality I should have cut that...)

Direct Link

I wrote at length about the experience over on my blog, if anyone would care to check it out! Maybe you can avoid some of the mistakes I made in your future works: http://www.fredthemonkey.com/blog/?p=333897

Now on to finish the August 11 Second entry!

Last edited by JKR (08-30-2011 2:39 pm)

---

#64 08-30-2011 4:25 pm

threedsnack
Celebrity
Karmojo: 69

JKR that's looking very nice. 3/4 view is not easy, way to go! Just a quick thing that I gota say is that on the dive when he goes down he shouldn't be pulled so far to the right of the shot, I would angle him more downward after the top of the jump.

All these shots are looking awesome! I'm gona get in on these for sure.

"Adapt and overcome." - Viggo Mortensen

website

#65 08-30-2011 6:53 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Productive!

threedsnack wrote:

JKR that's looking very nice. 3/4 view is not easy, way to go! Just a quick thing that I gota say is that on the dive when he goes down he shouldn't be pulled so far to the right of the shot, I would angle him more downward after the top of the jump.

Darn it! Now you've made me curious what that would look like, lol. Hmm... How to squeeze in another revision... smile

---

#66 08-31-2011 5:53 pm

thelittlepenguin84
Upright Citizen

http://blog.11secondclub.com/2011/08/mc … rd_31.html

sorry JKR, challenge is now officially over and posted on the blog. Please note, I have included the websites of those with links on this site.

Good luck to all with the next challenge!

#67 08-31-2011 8:45 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Productive!

Ha ha, no worries, I wasn't going to go back right now for more. I have the August Entry to focus on!

---

Board footer