#26 08-23-2011 10:32 pm

katana
Tipster
Karmojo: 25

Re: MC 14: The Diving Board!

Kai : Really looks great...I like that closer shot before going to the next cam. I think he's needs one more ( and higher) bounce on the board before the break...that will set the gag up a bit smoother I think.

#27 08-23-2011 10:42 pm

thelittlepenguin84
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 47

@http://blog.11secondclub.com/2011/06/mini-challenges-how-to-participate.html

this link should solve any questions you may have. i must apologoize the link to dropbox was previous broken, but now fixed

I agree with Katana about Kai's shot. something didnt feel right and i wasn't sure what. Try popping anothing bounce in there, but don't repeat it. Try something slighting different, to offer some texture and then it could be great

Last edited by thelittlepenguin84 (08-23-2011 10:45 pm)

#28 08-24-2011 12:55 am

cosmicfool
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 45

Hey Kai, It looks to me like you have some spacing issues on the coming downm of that anticipation from around frame 108-115. The head is ok but the feet feel quite off. Its kinda weird how he contacts the diving board also. The board is kinda settling down when he contacts it(its coming to a rest, but on its way down when he hits it at 113.) Then 114 it moves really slowly, than 115 it pops a bit. One suggestion would be to have that board settling coming upwards before the contact so we feel him landing on it a bit more, but personally Id just cut out frame 114 altogether, a slow in to a contact with a fat guy is never good. Id also cut out frame 120 if youre going for something realistic. If you are going for something cartoony id hold frame 120 a while, but it kinda is a frozen sticky frame which for me really doesnt work. Its almost like somehow with that board coming down he had the strength to push up somehow for 1 frame.
As far as another bounce im not sure if that would work better than having him maybe bring his other foot down and hold that prepping to anticipate bounce a few more frames, personally I think that would really sell it much nicer than another bounce.
Nice work so far man.

me fail english, thats umpossible.

#29 08-24-2011 6:29 am

Kai
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 53

hiii guys~
@Camaro yep! Agree with the twinning issues...will try offset and detailed the poses so that it doesn't twin. Thankss:D
@Katana yaa.. The ending kinda give an anti climax feeling.. either the pace or need other elements to support the
gag. I will figure that out ^^D thanks you!
@Cosmicfool Thank you for the detail critiques! Appreciates it. smile Regarding the contact on the board when the feet land... gotta key them manually so that the spacing of the feet show the weight more. And yeaa.. the board moving down before the feet touching it does lessen the feeling of contact. I was thinking about that too.. haha.. I did a very random vibrations and just let the feet fall onto it.. guess it weaken the contact.... Personally, I feel that another bounce will makes it too deliberate.. I will try with holding it down more and breaks!! I agrees with your critiques~ man.. will update it as soon as I feel its ready haha..!!

Thanks for the feedback guys!!

Get the animating flame burn.. lol.. burn baby burnnn..~

Cheers!

Kai

#30 08-24-2011 6:55 am

thelittlepenguin84
Upright Citizen

''Personally, I feel that another bounce will makes it too deliberate..''

I do like the story aspect at it is at moment, with only the one bounce. But felt something had to change and wasnt sure what.
Good luck and keep pushing cuz it could be a great piece smile

#31 08-24-2011 7:56 am

Kai
Model Citizen

@penguin84 yeaa.. something is missing.. =x .. Gotta figure it out..hehe thanks.. Sorry Dint catch the previous comment >_< thanks!! big_smile

#32 08-26-2011 1:39 am

esquilogp

Hii there folks !
I've been trying this MC, in fact it was my first diving board and it was so cool..
Please feel free to give me any feedback you want !

Cheers smile

Direct Link

#33 08-26-2011 2:11 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Karmojo: 79
Productive!

Nicely done, esquilogp! One thing I'd say if you wanted to tweak anything is he hangs in the air a touch long in my opinion. It's very fluid and quite nice, but if you took out one or two frames at the peak of the jump I think it would work a bit better. Very good, though.

Animator Island - for Secrets of Animation, updated Mondays
---
Creative Inspiration weekly at JKRiki.com

#34 08-26-2011 5:22 pm

Kai
Model Citizen

Hey! esquilogp looking really goood~ Like the fluid movements and how he move at different pace. big_smile Just afew cents from me big_smile.

The first 4 frames when he move back.. maybe you want to the knee poping back and forth.
frame 20 - 21 feet is sliding backwards .. probably keep the contact will help the push.
frame 50 - 60 the heads kinda move back and forth.... maybe you want to try when the character start falling.. rotate the neck up as the head tilt down and then do the squash...
frame 56.. maybe try move the angled leg slightly out of the straighten leg sillouette.. it seems like a shorter leg now.. haha i think..
frame 71-72 .. currently I feel that the legs flipping up are too forceful at this 2 frames. Maybe you want to try flipping the leg earlier.. Or rotate the character CG more so that more weight is behind.. haha hope this make sense.
frame 85 - 91 .. the legs pushing out.. It feels abit slow and linear.. maybe you can move the leg out and higher? so that it does not straighten to the falling pose..

hee.. Just some thoughts.. hope it helps big_smile goood job!! 2 more days!

cheers!
kai

Last edited by Kai (08-26-2011 5:23 pm)

#35 08-27-2011 4:12 am

esquilogp

@JKR

You are right JKR, when tweaking the timing in the dopesheet i felt that something was wrong
with the double flip part of the scene.. i am going fix it !

@Kai

Oh yeah Kai it always helps, you've got smart eyes for details..
personally i struggle with myself to get such habilities hahah.. great thoughts !
Good job, let's hurry up hahaa

Thank you guys, cheers !

#36 08-27-2011 12:00 pm

fbmaq007

Hi everyone ,

Direct Link

#37 08-27-2011 1:14 pm

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Productive!

Nice job, fbmaq007! One thing I'd mention is that he holds at the crouched position on the end of the board before the jump just a little bit long. I'd take out a few frames there, because as it is the action is broken up and less fluid than it could be. But I love the enthusiasm he seems to extrude while running and going for the big performance! Good work!

---

#38 08-28-2011 8:46 am

Ajnabee
Helper
Karmojo: 10

Direct Link

Finally..I am done..This is my first Body mechanics Animation....

#39 08-28-2011 9:55 am

Kai
Model Citizen

Ajnbee hi!! :) that is one cute intense piece!!

I like how the character squash and stretch and hold and stretch again.. Something I wud take note when the push ends so that it wont look stick to the ground..example frame 25 to frame 28.. let the hind legs come off 1 or 2 frames earlier? And with such extreme push .. maybe you want to let the front feet flat on the board at frame 24 and rotate ankle at the push!! more change more force!! << I think...
when he is hanging in the air from frame 31 - 36 the head seems stick at the point. Maybe u can move the chracter forward just alil bit? just so that it wun rotate at the same point.
overall like the cartoony style of it .. I guess you can fine tune the spacing somemore so that the ease in and ease out are not too  ....   .       .      .    . .. more like    ... .  .     .       . haha.. dotz..

cheers!
kai~ I have no idea how to edit mine.. T_T

#40 08-28-2011 7:24 pm

Kai
Model Citizen

Direct Link

cheers!!~ Final version.. haha.. did afew versions..  >_< getting blind no idea whats working whats not.... its 320am!! My mind is going crazy sleepy.. =x  Welcome all ideas.. big_smile but now.. its time to sleep..

zZzzzzZ

kai

#41 08-28-2011 11:06 pm

Ajnabee
Helper

Kai..Looks very nice to me...I like your shot very much...Good Work..

#42 08-29-2011 1:30 am

esquilogp

a few things fixed,.. but i still think there is something wrong

Final :

Direct Link

#43 08-29-2011 1:34 am

J.K. Riki
Rockstar
Productive!

Ha ha, I started mine on day 1, but the 11 Second Entry has been eating up all my time and now it's deadline day without being finished! Doh. When is the latest I could put mine up? End of Monday, or does it have to be, like, tonight (Sunday midnight)?

---

#44 08-29-2011 1:58 am

Ajnabee
Helper

esquilogp ..Nice work..buddy...But wht I think is that you could Adjust the spacing between 30 - 56 for the jump...like a bouncing ball..A little fast while going up and coming down...and between Frames 72 to 78 the upper half of the body does not move only the lover half..that looks a little odd to me..and st frame 90 - 95 the character slows down..and thats looks unatural..as he should increase the speed while falling..I think you should remove some frames there...

#45 08-29-2011 1:58 am

jayzd89
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 58

Everyone's shots are looking great! I really like the variety of different jumps that people have done.

@esquilogp: Your shot is really good, but at around frame 85 the hips hit a wall and start a linear track for the rest of the fall.  If you go back in and tweak the spacing and make the timing quite a bit faster it will make a big difference.  Right now the end is just way too slow and he appears to float down from that spot instead of gaining speed and falling faster like with a bouncing ball, as it should be.  Everything else in your shot looks awesome and works very well. In his first jump, I love the amount of hangtime he is getting while still having great spacing that sells his weight.  Just tweaking the end of his fall will make this an awesome shot! I don't know if that is what isn't feeling right to you, but that part stood out to me as the only part that is not working very well. Hope this helps.

-Jay

#46 08-29-2011 2:52 am

Kai
Model Citizen

@Ajnabee Thanks!! smile

@JKR haha!! gogogo JKR complete the MC14!! big_smile

@esquilogp hey!! awesome shot!! big_smile The flip looks better now.. I think you can rotate the COG more from frame 72-77 becos at frame 78 - 84 the character is rotating a lot.. just finetune the spacing of the rotation!! make it even more awesomies!! big_smile Another thing is .. I agree with jayz about the part where he open up his body right before he fall into the water.. it looks linear.. Maybe its becos of the rotation as well.. Try rotating the character so that the leg goes up more and the head face down more.. so that he doesnt opens and stay at same rotation..  Hope thats what you looking for big_smile

cheers!!

kai

#47 08-29-2011 4:06 am

Vien Nguyen
Participator
Karmojo: 7

@Ajnbee:
well, i smell potential tongue
You did a very good job!

#48 08-29-2011 6:43 am

thelittlepenguin84
Upright Citizen

hey jkr, usually a new one is posted on a monday, but the existing one has a friendly day extension. I usuall don't collect them til weds/thurs. hope that helps

#49 08-29-2011 9:48 am

wolfor
Rockstar
Karmojo: 75

Kai... wrote:

I guess you can fine tune the spacing somemore so that the ease in and ease out are not too  ....   .       .      .    . .. more like    ... .  .     .       . haha.. dotz..

these dots are by far the coolest thing I've seen since someone came up with the idea of doing smilies with type. Just awesome!

#50 08-29-2011 5:12 pm

Kai
Model Citizen

cheers wolfor big_smile.. sometimes texts are just not enough =x .. S P  A   C    I      N       G big_smile

woohoo~ MC 15 is out!

kai big_smile *all excited*

Board footer