#1 07-09-2007 3:12 am

Lokihaus
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 37

Lokihaus July Submission

Here's my 95% completed blocking (minus the lip synch).  I just wanted to get as much done tonight and get it out there for people to look at and start getting some good old comments.  I was rushing the ending so it's not as fleshed out... all in due time.  smile  The props are not there nor is the trash barrel/letters in the right places, but just wanted to whip up some sort of set up.

...and I didn't mess with any compression settings so it's not completely optimized for the web... (well 5 megs... I guess it's not that bad).

http://media.putfile.com/July11SecClub-01

If anyone's having a problem with my host, let me know... I'll start copying these to my web site once I get that re-vamped... lol... yeeeaaaaah.

enjoy!

Last edited by Lokihaus (07-09-2007 3:19 am)

#2 07-09-2007 3:38 am

DharAM
Rockstar
Karmojo: 75

Re: Lokihaus July Submission

Nice set up, Michael smile I would've never thought this dialogue is going on between thieves - creative and original.

"Technology doesn't make the motion picture, people do. You're not an animator just because you can move an object from point A to point B. (You're) someone who breathes life into a character, which is something the software and technology can't give you."

- John Lasseter

#3 07-09-2007 7:18 am

rooster75
Tipster
Karmojo: 24

I like it!!! It's subtle and clear.. like the idea of the thieves. Keep on truckin' smile

#4 07-09-2007 11:47 am

mayanimator
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 32

Hey nice work .......

while talking your main character other character moving so much ....... viewer attention is going to second chara..

I think story is nice poses are also really good .... Just keep it up.......

#5 07-09-2007 12:17 pm

aja
Administrator
Karmojo: 35
Administrator

Really nice!  Great concept.  smile  I think the blocking on mr. stripes is looking great, great acting choices, very appropriate for the audio.  Looking forward to the next pass on him!

The guy on the left, I see what you're going for here, his thought process as the other guy talks.  That's cool, but he's totally distracting from the speaking character, like mayanimator says.  I think you can tone his movements WAY down, but still have his range of emotions...  like a shifty look around with just his eyes and a tiny bit of head movement, instead of turning him all the way around.  Also, at the beginning, when he is speaking and you want him to draw the viewer's attention, I like his acting, but I think having him looking down at the ground for the first part of his line makes it harder to figure out who's speaking at first.  I'd have him looking up for his entire delivery.

Looking good though, this is off to a great start!  smile

#6 07-09-2007 1:21 pm

Lokihaus
Upstanding Citizen
Karmojo: 37

thanks everyone, great comments... exactly what I was thinking!  I was watching the render thinking to myself, man that left dude moves way too much.

And Aja I agree with you also, I had planned a different intro pose for the left guy on start.  I was thinking, what if he held an envelope in his hand and was gesturing with that, tossing it away when he goes for the switch blade.  smile

Being my first 11sec dialogue animation I went excitedly and blindly ahead blocking and acting in my brain (minimal physical acting).  I was wanting to finish this up then do it again from start by fully recording/acting, sketching and doing some better blocking... so hopefully I'll have time to do another one from scratch by the end of the month.

Board footer