#1 10-13-2010 1:38 am

Kreator
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 42

Stepping Down

The weekly challenge was going strong for quite some time, but it's quite obvious that it has slowed down lately. Unless multiple people express their interest in continuing the weekly challenge, I will be discontinuing the weekly challenges effective immediately, and this forum will sit here to collect dust. If people start participating again in the challenges I will pick it up, but I am not holding my breath. If someone else wants to take over and continue the challenges, be my guest.

I suppose it was fun while it lasted smile

#2 10-13-2010 4:47 pm

seymour.simone
Model Citizen
Karmojo: 59

Re: Stepping Down

Hi Camaro,

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish had more time to participate, but working full time and Animation Mentor has taken up all my time. My hope is that once I'm done with AM I can participate on the challenges. Hopefully, you'll get enough people to ask for it to stay.

Cheers,

Seymour

#3 10-13-2010 8:05 pm

St_Jons
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 46

Hi Camaro, I always had every intention of joining in but for multiple reasons which I won't bore you with I was unable to.

I think its fair for you to step down but just wanted to point out that you were kind enough to post a schedule of tasks in here. So when ever any of us has time to partake in a challenge, we could simply start a new topic for that challenge and invite anyone else to do a similar animation/post critiques.

It therefore saves you the time and effort, but allows this section of the forum to continue. Just a thought

Cheers Jonny

#4 10-20-2010 1:33 pm

Tom boslooper
Celebrity
Karmojo: 65

Hey Camaro,

I'm sorry I didn't join as much mini-challanges as I said I would.
I enjoyed the challenges I participated in and I want to thank you for your effort of comming up with all the challenges!

Thanks!

Last edited by Tom boslooper (10-20-2010 1:33 pm)

#5 10-20-2010 4:43 pm

aja
Administrator
Karmojo: 35
Administrator

Hey Camaro, I think you did a great job with this, and in the grand scheme of internet challenges, it lasted way beyond most.  smile  We'll leave the forum up for a while to see if anyone else wants to take it over, and if it does start to "collect dust", we'll merge it back into the personal WIP forum. 

Thanks for all your hard work on it, and let us know if you've got any more ideas to try out here.  smile

Aja

#6 10-20-2010 5:10 pm

Cyrael
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 49

I feel like you did a great job Camaro, and in terms of merging it back in Aja, I think it may be a good idea to leave it as a separate forum, its a good process, or weekly challenge for any newcomer to try - it gives focus where sometimes there are too many option. I feel like there are people every week that pop up and ask "where do I start?!?!?!"

we can simply point them to the weekly challenges thead and say start there, complete those challenges and you'll get a nice firm grasp on the basics.

Just a thought...

#7 10-20-2010 9:33 pm

Kreator
Upright Citizen
Karmojo: 42

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. I truly wish there was a way to breathe life back into these challenges, but after the low participation in the last few challenges, I don't think there's much I can do.

I do agree with Cyreal, however, and I think this would be a fantastic place for newbies to start.

#8 10-21-2010 4:37 pm

kernelklink
Celebrity
Karmojo: 61

you know, i've never looked down below the current animation topic and demo reels. until just now, short challenges sounds awesome smile,
don't quit i just don't think anyone knew, i mean who wants to slog out 11 seconds plus a month in their spare time.
I feel a short animation challenges website a brewin wink

Board footer