The June Character Animation Competition has begun!
This month's clip should be a fun addition to your portfolio, with interesting subtext between the two characters.
In order to spend the majority of your time on the animation, please take advantage of the free character rigs we've linked to in the Resources section, and avoid spending a lot of time on lighting/rendering/etc.
Entries can be character animations in any medium, from CG animation (Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, Animation:Master, etc.) to traditional 2D animation to stop-motion. Consider posting your progress videos in the Work in Progress forum. Feedback and criticism will make your animation stronger!
Not sure how to encode your animation?
Entries Received: 127
Voice 1: "Are you excited about your big day?"
Voice 2: "Yeah....you know..actually, I, I just had a couple questions about the contract"
Voice 1: " Of course you do. But first, if you don't mind, I' want to bring you up to speed on where things stand."
- Copyrighted rigs and/or character designs will not be allowed in entries unless the entrant has the right to use the rig and/or design. The "Azary" and "Ashrafi" rigs are specifically NOT allowed.
- Don't edit the sound file (beyond adding silence before/after if needed - please try to keep the extra time to a minimum, winning eCritiques will not include added time)
- Don't put your name or contact info anywhere on the actual video (this makes voting unfair).
- Don't try to upload files more than 10MB (the server will automatically reject it).
- Don't use anything overtly offensive (this is not the place for crude sexual humor, extremely violent imagery, or intolerance towards any culture/religion/gender/etc.) This is also not the place for political statements of any kind.
- Do have fun! :)
06/30/2015 11:59:59 PM New York Time